- Primary Data Product(s) Type: API, Firehose, Archive Data feeds
- Sectors Covered: E-Commerce
- Tickers Covered:
- Data Delivery: Raw
- Number of Asset Managers as Current Clients: 1-10
- Webhose.io is an advanced DaaS (Data as a Service) platform. Coverage currently includes live feeds of news, blogs, threaded discussions, review sites, and E-Commerce product data.
- Data Sources:
- News (CNN, BBC, NYTimes)
- Forums (reddit, 4chan, pinterest)
Blogs (buzzfeed, blogpress, wordpress)
Product (e-commerce) ( Walmart, AliExpress, Gap, Tesco)
Reviews (booking.com, Best Buy, Macy’s)
TV/Radio news (broadcast data) – Voice to text to machine readable format – North America only.
The use case for fundamental investors is a custom feed of news and social data for a sentiment tacking.
Versus the Competition
- Comprehensive coverage and lower latency.
- Granular filtering: clean data and full text for posts.
- Service: Ability to add new sources. Can add any publicly available source in a matter of hours (regardless of it has RSS feed).