Second Measure is a technology company that analyzes billions of anonymized purchases to answer real-time questions on consumer behavior.
Through our self-service platform, we help our clients—some of the world’s largest brands and investment firms—identify fast-growing companies, benchmark competitors, and better understand their customers.
We’re based in San Mateo, CA with an office in NYC, and proudly backed by Bessemer Venture Partners, Goldman Sachs, Citi Ventures, Y Combinator, and other top investors.
We’re looking for an experienced business development executive to help us build a massive subscription business supporting the world’s largest hedge funds, PE funds, VCs, and asset managers. You’ll also help enable the success of a fast-growing and well-funded technology startup.
In a given week, you might:
- Close, in-person, a six-figure deal with a top-tier asset manager.
- Show a private equity investor something they don’t know about their own portfolio company — something they thought wasn’t possible to know.
- Collaborate closely with our executive team to develop a pricing strategy for an important new product feature.
In this role, you’ll:
- Close new clients on annual subscriptions. Navigate complex organizations to achieve buy-in from multiple stakeholders.
- Develop and present tailored pitches to portfolio managers and investment teams.
- Participate in revenue strategy, including targeting, price-tiering, and pipeline strategy. Develop and refine a scalable sales process.
- Maintain a deep technical understanding of Second Measure’s product and data.
- You have 4+ yrs experience in equity research, investment banking, or institutional sales.
- You have proven success selling services, research, or software products to portfolio managers and investment teams.
- You can effectively communicate analytical work to investors and might have formal training in analytics.
- You would excel in a rapidly changing startup. Experience at a fast-growing software company a plus.
- You can travel domestically—roughly 20%.
Working at Second Measure:
- Comprehensive medical, dental, and vision benefits
- 401(k) with company matching (up to 4% of annual salary)
- Flexible paid time off
- Generous paid parental leave
- FSAs and pre-tax commuter benefits
- Life insurance, disability plans, and legal assistance
- Highly competitive compensation, systematized to break down the gender pay gap and promote fairness