Capital Markets Analyst
PREDATA | GREATER NYC AREA
Predata is a predictive analytics startup that uses models of human behavior online to predict and analyze global political, security, and financial events. As a Capital Markets Analyst, you will conduct research assessing Predata signals against multiple asset classes (commodities, foreign exchange, and fixed income), present and train the system for clients, and collaborate with the rest of the Analyst Team to produce regular research content highlighting Predata output.
- Produce applied financial research, with a focus on connecting observations in Predata signals to tradeable outcomes in the market
- Support financial sales efforts by generating bespoke research, conducting system demos for prospects, and training new customers to use the Predata platform
- Contribute financial analysis to Predata’s weekly newsletters, as well as write and distribute regular applied financial research notes
- Collaborate with the rest of the Analyst Team to develop new in-system methodologies and to develop training and support programs
- Collaborate with the Data Science and Engineering teams to assess new datasets and aggregation techniques as they apply to financial customers
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably in Finance, Financial Engineering, or Economics
- 1-3 years of experience in the financial industry, preferably supporting a trading desk or portfolio manager
- Familiarity with discretionary global macro trading strategies and themes; basic familiarity with quantitative trading strategies preferred
- Deep interest in and familiarity with global markets and current geopolitical events
- Familiarity with quantitative analysis techniques such as time series analysis or descriptive statistics; Python preferred
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills; ability to present and convey information that efficiently informs expert analyst users and drives actions
- Self-starter, who can proactively identify new projects and opportunities to apply Predata
Competitive salary for the New York area coupled with a comprehensive benefits package that includes generous equity award, along with paid time off, health insurance, 401(k) plan, commuter benefit programs and gym benefits.
To apply, please send an email to email@example.com with: 1) Subject line ‘LAST NAME Capital Markets Analyst,’ 2) a paragraph describing why you are interested in the position in the body of the email, and 3) a résumé attached as a PDF. Please do not attach any other documents, such as reference letters or writing samples.