The mandate of the Data Analyst is to acquire and evaluate data sources for investment research. As part of the team you will work closely with the investment community to define and synthesize areas of interest, manage the acquisition of data sets, and analyze data sets to provide recommendations for investment and risk process integration.
- Analyze external data sources and provide recommendations for integration and enrichment of existing data.
- Assist in the day-to-day monitoring of the strategic business unit's data vendor relationships and enforce data efforts across the business.
- Assist in management front/middle office requests to ensure data is properly evaluated, implemented, and risk assessed.
- Help drive continuous improvements to data quality procedures and a consistent approach to how data quality is measured, monitored and reported.
- Work with stakeholders within the organization to refine and improve knowledge and processes.
- Participate in corporate strategy initiatives which includes advanced data quires and coordinating with management staff on other business management efforts.
- A bachelor’s degree with a strong academic record
- 1 – 3 years of experience working with data and data vendors
- Strong working knowledge of Excel, SQL, VBA would be a plus
- Programming skills in Python and at least one of C#, C++, or Java are a plus
- While financial industry experience is a plus, we are open-minded in our search for critical thinkers who are passionate about technology and data.
- Team player with excellent communication skills.
- Attention to detail and ability to think quickly in a fast paced environment.
- Ability to interact effectively with numerous internal teams and stakeholders in a collaborative, team-oriented culture.
- Proven problem-solving and analytical abilities including pattern detection, root cause analysis, and issue resolution
- Relevant experience in data operations, with proven process improvement skills