Please submit your application at the following link: https://vigilant.breezy.hr/p/a059cbf0a2a1-data-analyst?source=angellist
About the job:
The Data Analyst will join Vigilant’s growing engineering team to make major contributions to both technical and business sides of the company. This role is key to our ability to provide increasingly sophisticated data products and expand into new verticals. The person who fills this position will be part of a small data team within engineering and will handle multiple responsibilities.
The ideal candidate has experience with:
- Building and maintaining end-to-end ETL pipelines, namely:
--- Implementing data from a range of sources such as downloadable datasets, API endpoints, massive Excel/CSV files, and non-standardized sources such as PDFs and database dumps
--- Transforming, normalizing, cleaning, and mapping extracted data — both at the extraction stage as well as in the destination data warehouse
- Analysis of multivariable datasets to understand distinctions, whether the datasets encompass each other, and to sort, aggregate or separate the individual datasets as needed
- Conducting analysis of data quality, assurance, coverage, and answering specific business queries as needed
- You have a conceptual understanding of statistical foundations
- You write machine learning models for fun
- You effectively communicate technical concepts to non-technical audiences
- You’re responsive and strive to deliver quick, digestible answers to complex problems
What you’ll do:
- Implement business intelligence schemas and model statistical datasets
- Debug and improve internal tooling used for data ingestion and analysis
- Manipulate disparate data to construct and implement complex queries
- Develop automation in a dashboard to assess critical business data
Constant learning and insatiable curiosity. We organize information, and we’re always keen to know more. We’re committed to learning and growth and enjoy working with those who share that commitment.
We’re guided by a deep empathy for our customers and their needs. We think carefully about how our users - and our world - may be affected by every decision we make. We’re constantly aiming to drive improvements for our users.
We aim high. We’re taking on large, difficult problems, and are looking to build meaningful solutions and scale a substantial company that will have lasting impact. Ambition is a compliment in our book.
Relentless tenacity. We do the work. We tend to see obstacles as existing to be overcome. When we decide to do something, we work at it until it gets done.
Real humility. We know that we aren’t doing this alone. We hold ourselves accountable for our missteps, and gladly share credit for our successes. We recognize that we don’t have all the answers, or even most of them.
We draw the owl. We’re growing, and there isn’t usually a defined set of instructions for any given task. We figure it out. We work, iterate, improve. (In the interest of full disclosure, we shamelessly borrowed this notion from Twilio’s corporate values).
We have a bias towards action. If we notice an issue is affecting the business, we work to fix it immediately, even if it’s not in our wheelhouse.
We save our paperclips. We have an ownership mentality and act in the company’s best interest. We’re conscious of how our actions and behavior impact the business and the company’s bottom line. We celebrate efficient solutions.
We follow through. We do what we say. We get the job done.