New datasets are being created every day and investors need to incorporate them to remain competitive. YipitData is the on-demand, 100+ person data team for hundreds of the largest hedge funds, mutual funds, pension funds, private equity funds, family offices, sovereign wealth funds, and venture capital funds in the world. We identify, screen, license, clean, and analyze alternative data to help investors answer their key questions. We're a fast growing technology company based in NYC, with a strong culture focused on mastery, ownership, and purpose. Our Glassdoor rating is a perfect 5.0.
About The Role:
We are expanding our data team by hiring Data Specialists who will be the key producers of our data products received by our institutional investor clients. Our Data Specialist role is a fantastic opportunity for analytical individuals with 0-2 years of experience to build the core skills required to succeed in the tech, data, and investment worlds that YipitData intersects.
In this role you'll gain experience in:
- Programming: Learn Python and SQL or sharpen your existing skills by running our growing portfolio of data products.
- Data: Work with massive amounts of data on the performance of important companies, using proprietary methods. You'll learn vital techniques on ensuring data accuracy and deriving key insights across a number of types of data.
- Investing: Create and write data reports that are consumed by the top investors in the world. You'll gain insight into how investors think about companies and the most important questions they need to answer to make stock portfolio decisions.
You Are Likely To Succeed, If:
- You have strong attention to detail
- You are a methodical problem solver
- You want to learn to code or hone your existing coding skills
- You can clearly communicate complex concepts, both orally and written
- You strive to make tasks as efficient as possible
- You have an ability to manage competing priorities
Compensation includes equity, highly competitive salary, and excellent benefits of working at a fast growing tech company.
YipitData is an equal opportunity employer and seeks collaboration, innovation, and excellence through diversity and inclusion.