Vigilant is on a mission to unlock the potential of public data by taking denormalized and disaggregated public datasets and making them accessible for search and analysis at scale. Vigilant's growing backend engineering team is responsible for building out innovative tools for mining thousands of public databases, implementing robust, flexible pipelines for wrangling unpredictable data, and creating intuitive APIs to connect the data layer with multiple end-user products. DevOps will be crucial to the engineering team as Vigilant continues to scale, and the DevOps engineer will play a key role in shaping modern development and deployment practices at the company.
The ideal candidate has experience with:
- Managing, integrating, and deploying cloud services (GCP, AWS, Azure)
- Managing infrastructure as code and network topologies
- Managing configuration, containerization and orchestration integrations
- Using Docker, Kubernetes, Terraform, and Ansible (or similar technologies)
- Managing CI/CD pipelines (experience with GitLab is ideal)
- Managing security and authentication mechanisms
- Some level of experience with Python is strongly preferred.
- You’re constantly thinking about ways to make systems work better, but are also comfortable implementing and designing new systems from scratch
- You’re quick to solve problems, and you see things through
- You can prioritize among competing problems and implement effective solutions
- You’re eager to identify and implement automation wherever possible
- You understand the importance of documentation and strive to ensure processes are consistent
- You take operational security seriously and implement with it in mind
- You’re comfortable working and communicating technical concepts clearly in a dynamic setting across our product and engineering teams
What you’ll do:
- Play a key role in maintaining and improving our growing infrastructure.
- Develop more efficient mechanisms to enable agile development and shorten development cycles.
- Administer and optimize our Linux deployments
- Configure monitoring services to support deployed applications
- Manage the release platform and release strategies
- Analyze performance metrics and diagnose and troubleshoot potential infrastructure issues as they arise