YipitData specializes in analyzing alternative data for institutional investors. Four years ago YipitData consisted of 20 people. Since then, we've grown to 90+, have quadrupled our revenue and expanded our client base to include the largest institutional investors in the world.
In this role, you’ll own how our clients experience the high quality datasets and research the company produces. You will be the sole Product Manager and thus have significant ownership over our clients’ experience. You will work closely with the CEO to ensure your work is aligned with other company initiatives.
What you’ll do:
- Understand the circumstances, workflow, and problems of clients by working with our revenue team and by doing outreach yourself
- Define and analyze metrics of success for each project
- Research competitor offerings and comparable data provider offerings
- Collaboratively and iteratively design and build prototypes
- Project manage the production build of client facing software
- Manage relationships with third-party data aggregators
- Gather feedback on prototypes and production software
- Collaboratively define data distribution formats with the engineering team
Types of projects you’ll work on:
- Own our client portal where clients access our research
- Own the process in which clients access machine readable data and the distribution format of that data
- Own building new interfaces to allow clients to do their own analyses on our granular data
- 3+ years experience as a product manager. Mostly preferably at a fast-paced startup
- Built successful web-based software products, including:
- doing customer development to learn customer needs,
- designing mockup prototypes,
- iterating on prototypes by soliciting feedback from customers,
- working with engineers to transform prototypes to production
- Are comfortable enough in user experience, user interface design, and user research to get the job done with minimal support
- No experience with the financial industry necessary.
- Have battled tested opinions on processes you use but are flexible about trying new things
- Empathetic. You keep the customer front of mind.
- Nimble. You know how to quickly iterate on an idea with minimal resources.
- Scrappy. You find your way through or around obstacles.
- You can switch back and forth from making UX mockups to doing client calls to working with engineers.
- Seeking and receptive of feedback. You seek early feedback on your work and are receptive to it.
Compensation includes Competitive Salary + Benefits + Equity.
YipitData is an equal opportunity employer and seeks excellence through diversity.