At Valkyrie, we are scientists, innovators and strategists on a mission to advance the field of data science and put our cutting-edge technology to work on humanity's biggest challenges. We champion integrity, ingenuity and inclusion. We see opportunity in adversity and believe in creating a brighter, more human future with thoughtfully designed solutions. We seek leaders in the fields of science and strategy who think with both sides of their brains and are deeply committed to serving clients.
Senior Scientist Position:
The Senior Scientist is the right fit for a motivated scientist that is excited to be part of a growing business and is passionate about finding insights in data through the scientific method. We are looking for candidates who are interested in analyzing data, developing models based on that data and transforming the outputs of those models to valuable insights. As a Senior Scientist you should have good experience with algorithmic development, statistical analysis, machine learning, and some experience with database architecture. You have demonstrated scientific excellence and aptitude for innovation. Senior Scientist are responsible for implementing algorithmic development, data architecture, prototyping, and ideation. You will be a part of the efforts to identify and analyze current and future data-centric technology patterns and trends, perform in-depth investigation, and experimentation with emerging platforms and frameworks. The right candidate for this role will be able to leverage statistical and programming knowledge to transform data into actionable insights.
Senior Scientist Qualifications:
- Master’s Degree or PhD in STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering, Math) or related field
- 4-6 years of professional experience in a scientific role
- 2+ years of lab experience (inclusive of academic experience)
- Ability to quickly comprehend an algorithm or machine learning method and apply to business domain challenges.
- Strong experience in various fields of advanced mathematics: Calculus, Graph Theory, Linear Algebra, Differential Equations, Statistics, System Modeling, Stochastic / Non-linear Dynamics
- Experience with Machine Learning techniques, such as:
- Supervised, unsupervised modeling, reinforcement learning, classification, clustering, etc.
- Deep learning techniques including convolutional neural networks, and the technologies to support them (PyTorch, TensorFlow, Theano)
- Experience with Visualization tools: Plotly, Matplotlib, Seaborn, ggplot, etc.
- Experience with at least one Data Science language: Python (preferred), R, Mathematica, Matlab, Scala
- Conceptual understanding of various database structures: Relational (SQL), Document (MongoDB), Graph (Neo4), Column (Google BigTable)
- Strong skills and experience in effective collaboration and technical problem solving within multidisciplinary teams
- Experience leading small scientific teams
- Exceptional written and verbal communications skills along with experience in preparing and delivering documentation, proposals, presentations, and structured working sessions to all levels in a client organization
- Would be excited for CFA/CAIA/FRM or similar designation
- Competitive Compensation
- Profit Sharing
- Tremendous growth potential
- Healthcare, dental, HSA
- Flexible hours, work from home as needed
- Open and unlimited PTO & Sick time
- Stocked kitchen with healthy snacks, drinks, coffee, etc
- Lots of team events including happy hours, catered lunches, and other fun outings
- Innovative, collaborative, and fun work environment that fosters a positive and supportive culture for growth
Full-time Employment: Ability to work as a full-time employee