The Download 37: 4 New Datasets, 2 Requests for Data, 2 Sector-Specific Events, Alt. Data Tracking Intangible Assets
PROVIDERS ADDED TO THE DATABASE Data aggregator with point-of-sale data, email receipt data, and research layer: GfK Boutique Research Data on internet activity in real time with global coverage, down to city district level: KASPR Datahaus...
PROVIDERS ADDED TO THE DATABASE
- Data aggregator with point-of-sale data, email receipt data, and research layer: GfK Boutique Research
- Data on internet activity in real time with global coverage, down to city district level: KASPR Datahaus
- Data on 200k salaries tagged by company, job, degree, and more, as well as job engagement data via 80k-employee survey panel: Emolument
- News sentiment and event tracking across 65 languages: Global Tone Communication
- Foursquare, a geo-location provider, announced $25mm in funding raised and additional $8mm expected through end of year. (Integrity Research, subscription required)
- Rakuten Intelligence (formerly known as Slice), an email receipt provider, acquired alternative data marketer Aviso Partners. (Integrity Research)
NEW REQUESTS FOR DATA
- Google keyword bid pricing data by category.
- Corporate SEM spend by category.
- POS data covering electronics (gaming, smart phones).
- Sector-Specific Alternative Data Events - Buy-side Only
- AI for Results in Financial Data - findataAI (December 3 - London)
- Data Scout - Descartes Labs (New York, San Francisco)
- Data Product Associate - Impactful role for recent grads interested in how data is changing the investment industry - YipitData (New York)
- See other openings for Investment Research, Data Analyst, Data Engineer, and Data Scientist
NEWS & INSIGHTS
- Alternative data can be used to track intangible assets such as intellectual property and trade secrets, which now account for 84% of the S&P 500's value, compared to 17% in 1975. (ValueWalk, Ocean Tomo)
- Options Group and Eagle Alpha publish white-paper on how to staff an alternative data team on the buy-side (Full Paper). See also: How to Integrate Investment Analysts, Data Analysts, and Engineers and Buy-side Alternative Data Employee Analysis.