Social sentiment and news analysis based on Twitter data. Has exclusive partnership with Twitter and has raised $407mm in funding.
Social/Sentimentmain data source
2009Year Company Founded
100+Discretionary Asset Manager Customers
AMZN, FB, GOOGL, NFLX, TSLA
Energy, Financial Services, Healthcare, Retail, Telecom
Raw, Platform Based
Extended Dataset Description
- Primary: All public Tweets from Twitter in real-time.
- Additional datasets for context: CapIQ, US Patent Office.
- Use Cases:
- Trade support – Assist in trading or initiating positions based on breaking news expected to create near-term market movements
- Market awareness – Provide situational awareness and context into sectors, topics, and companies of interest, and contextualize asset price movements
- Client advisory – Provide valuable advice to clients or support new business development efforts with trade ideas or market context
- Thesis generation – Surface trends to support development of general investment theses, through historical and analytical tools
Dataminr’s unique, long standing partnership with Twitter allows for access to all publicly available Tweets published in real-time.