$100bn+ Fund (NYC)
Posted on 9/25/2017
Seeking a Data Scientist with approximately 3 years work experience in statistics, data engineering, machine learning, and predictive modeling skills to join a new large-scale Federal project. For this role we can accept applications from current H1B holders, Green Card holders or Citizens.
The Director of Data Science is responsible for leading big data efforts. In this role, (s)he will conduct research and create prototypes to address business challenges in research, investment management and sales and marketing. The individual will develop capabilities in data science and leverage those learnings across the organization. (S)he will help design and create an infrastructure for big data that’s scalable and robust across the different business units. Ultimately, the Director will lead the firm to harness big data in making better and faster decisions.
What you’ll be doing:
- You will work alongside super-smart, collaborative and helpful team members who are proud and excited to be building innovative products.
- We will ask you to identify important and interesting questions about large datasets, then translate those questions into concrete analytical tasks.
- Like Big Data? You’ll need to be comfortable using multiple data sources and working with very large data-sets (Yes, we’re talking BIG data here!)
- You will develop and execute database queries that in turn support developing/formatting modeling inputs.
- You will build quantitative models with data, and communicate the results of those models to stakeholders (We make our solutions pop with cool data visualization tech such as Tableau and SSRS.
- You’ll be working with SQL/ T-SQL to create, update, maintain, and query databases and create joining tables
- Here is where you’ll be using your R programming skills (if you have SAS with the ability/interest to learn R that works!)
- Got experience in Machine Learning (ML) and Talend? This project will be able to put those skills to good use!
- You will design and develop statistical analyses, visualize the output of statistical models, present and interpret the output of predictive models, and perform quality assurance tasks on model code and output.
- You will help conceptualize and perform data analyses to summarize trends and model impacts.
- Lead, develop and mentor a team of data scientists
The ideal candidate should have extensive experience in finance, data science, quantitative research or business intelligence.
- Master’s degree or PHD in Mathematics, Finance, Computer Science, Engineering or related fields.
- 5+ years of experience working with large structured and unstructured datasets and be well-versed in big data technologies.
- Strong statistical, mathematical background.
- Proficiency in analysis (R, Matlab packages), programming languages (R, Python), and statistical modeling.
Please send your resume to email@example.com if you want to be considered for the position.