The Download 05: 9 New Datasets, Balyasny Invests in Data Company, Challenges for Geo-Location Data
Thursday, August 31, 2017 DATA PROVIDER DATABASE (New Datasets and Updates) Update Balyasny invests in geo-location alternative data provider, Cubiq.(Integrity Research) Update Geo-location data provider, Reveal Mobile, is facing challenges for receiving unauthorized user data from...
Thursday, August 31, 2017
DATA PROVIDER DATABASE (New Datasets and Updates)
- Update Balyasny invests in geo-location alternative data provider, Cubiq.(Integrity Research)
- Update Geo-location data provider, Reveal Mobile, is facing challenges for receiving unauthorized user data from AccuWeather. (ZeroDay, TechCrunch)
- Removed Tutela, another mobile data company, discontinued selling data to investors.
- Update YipitData launches new datasets for Camping World (CWH), FedEx (FDX) and China Education (EDU, TAL).
- Update Meltwater acquires AI news tracker Algo, bolstering its analytical capabilities for investment research. (Integrity Research)
- Added Skopos Labs uses machine learning to predict federal/state legislation outcomes.
- Added Tailwind uses aircraft to fly under clouds to collect high-resolution aerial imagery.
- Other new providers:
- Research Associate - Investment Research - Fred Alger Management (New York)
- Equity Financial Analyst - Investment Research - Point72 (New York)
- Data Lab Investment Analyst, Associate - Data Analyst - Blackrock (Hong Kong)
- Research Data Analytics - Data Analyst - Wellington (Boston)
- Long-Short Equities Data Analyst - Data Scout - D.E. Shaw (New York)
- Data Sourcing & Strategy Associate - Data Scout - Point72 (Stamford)
- Big Data Engineer - Data Scientist - Balyasny Asset Management (Chicago)
- See 32 other openings for Investment Research, Data Analyst, Data Engineer, and Data Scientist
NEWS & INSIGHTS
- Web scraped listings help predict a decline in US retail employment. (Financial Times)
- Verified list of 140 alternative data providers, and counting. (AlternativeData.org)
- Data "gold rush" continues amidst different concerns for data sources. (Financial Times)
- NYU is starting a data science Ph.D. program in September. “The university plans to ramp up its Ph.D. program to include 50 to 100 students in five years. Newly minted doctorates stand to make a lot of money -- $200,000 plus a bonus -- at a hedge fund, estimated Adam Zoia, head of recruiting firm Glocap.” (Information Management)
- NYU Computer Science Professor, Anasse Bari, shares how he prepares students to become data scientists and how predictive analytics delivers value to hedge funds. (Predictive Analytics World)
- How learning SQL made me a better analyst. (Forbes)
- Better Data before Big Data: Blueprint for a Strong Culture of Data Mgmt. (New York, Sep. 12)
- Learn 2 Quant (Hong Kong, Sep. 14)
- Tech Talk 6.0: Generation Data - Alternative Data Panel (Chicago, Sep. 14)
- 5th Annual Ravenpack Research Symposium (New York, Sep. 19)