If you have events you would like to see added to this page, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Get updates about alternative data events:
- This event has passed.
Better Data before Big Data: A Blueprint for a Strong Culture of Data Management
September 12, 2017 @ 8:00 am - 11:00 am
Second Meeting of Data Management Working Group for the Alternative Investment Industry
Alternative investment data executives face growing demands from portfolio management teams, operations staff, regulators and outside investors wanting more transparency, more flexibility and faster speed — all in the face of a push toward Big Data.
Please join the second meeting of the newly formed Data Management Working Group for the Alternative Investment Industry (DMWGAI), as we discuss a blueprint for effective data governance and best practices.
This second gathering of invitation-only industry professionals will feature two panels of industry experts. The first panel will examine how to develop a culture of data management within your firm and how data governance and best practices result in a better data foundation. The second panel will discuss how data management professionals are addressing challenges associated with their ability to access, slice, dice, manage and interpret Big Data. This second panel will explore evolving best practices to handle regulatory and compliance issues in managing and using Big Data.
This is an invitation-only, industry only (no media) event and space is limited. You must register prior to the event to attend. There is no cost to attend.
Agenda and preliminary speakers:
- 8:00 to 8:30: Registration
- 8:30 to 8:40: Welcoming Remarks – Rotation Capital Management, L.P.
- 8:40 to 8:55: Introduction to the Data Management Blueprint
- Financial Fabric, Microsoft
- 9:00 to 9:50: Culture of Data Management: Data Governance and Best Practices
- PwC (Moderator), Novus, ACA Technology, Brigade Capital Management, LP, Canada Pension Plan Investment Board
- 9:55 to 10:45: Big Data: Associated Legal Issues and Integration Challenges
- Lowenstein Sandler (Moderator), YipitData, Data Capital Management, LP, PwC
- 10:50 to 11:00: Closing Remarks
- Rotation Capital Management, L.P.
Register Here: https://www.f4.events/token/W8kzevdy3A8mrAarycqo