DATA PROVIDER DATABASE (174)
- One Click Retail – e-commerce data analytics firm. Provides sales figures for items sold on Amazon.com. (WSJ, subscription required)
- TransCore – provides various transportation industry metrics.
- Scoop Analytics – retail sentiment data from Twitter news and events.
- DataTrek – new capital markets newsletter with a focus on data by a former SAC PM/analyst. (paid)
- BrandLoyalties – brand loyalty indices based on consumer citations.
- Othe datasets and providers:
- Acuris – trade ideas network, regulatory and policy developments tracker, and event-driven news feed on capital markets transactions.
- HFA Group – consolidation, data optimization, and other infrastructure solutions.
- Stax – data-driven consulting firm, focused on institutional investors.
- Street Diligence – capital structure analytics and distressed acquisition tools, primarily for credit investors.
- Point72 leads $4.1mm seed round in AlphaFlow, a real estate investment platform. (Bloomberg)
- YipitData launches datasets on Trivago (TRVG), United Airlines (UAL), and Vipshop (VIPS). (YipitData)
- M Science initiates airline and video game industry coverage. (Airline, Video game)
- Wolfe Research partners with RS Metrics, satellite data provider, to distribute and incorporate their data into its own research. (PRWeb)
RFD (REQUEST FOR DATA) New!
Multibillion-dollar L/S funds are looking for the following. Please reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any of these datasets:
- Data estimating advertising revenue for Facebook, Google, and Twitter.
- Email receipt, credit card, or app data for the gaming industry (PC or mobile).
- Flight utilization prior to departure (load factor) by airline (US domestic).
- Data Analyst – Point72 (New York, NY)
- Data Sourcing and Strategy – Point72 (Singapore)
- Data Engineer – Millennium (New York, NY)
- See 44 other openings for Investment Research, Data Analyst, Data Engineer, and Data Scientist
NEWS & INSIGHTS
- Alpha Architect, a small asset manager, published a primer on machine learning for investors. (Alpha Architect)
- Geo-location startup, Thasos Group, published an analysis of Whole Foods traffic following its acquisition by Amazon. “The following stores experienced the highest rates of customer defection to Whole Foods: Trader Joe’s (10%), Sprouts (8%), Target (3%). Customer Defection Rates remained elevated for all competing stores as of September 16. The new customers Whole Foods attracted with its price reduction were the wealthiest regular customers of the competing stores.” (Thasos Group, pdf)
- YipitData & MoffettNathanson analysis reveals Netflix has made big gains with in-house TV shows, despite studios pulling some content. (MediaPost, YipitData)
- UBS Evidence Lab published an analysis that local regulations are slowing down Airbnb’s growth. (ValueWalk)
- Banks may be making it more difficult to access consumer transaction data. “Over the past six to nine months there’s been a sharp uptick in deliberate bank blockages,” a source with direct knowledge of the matter told Yahoo Finance. (Yahoo Finance)
- Senator Ed Markey (D-Mas.) sent a letter to the CFPB siding with the banks. (ABA Banking Journal)
- Sentiment analysis provider, Dataminr, accurately predicted Brexit outcome and other legislative decisions by analyzing Twitter. (ValueWalk)
- BattleFin Discovery Day (Palo Alto, Oct. 26)
- PAW Financial 2017 – Delivering on the Promise of Data Science (New York, Oct. 29-Nov. 2)
- The BIG Alternative Data Showcase Event (New York, Dec. 5)
- Newsweek’s Artificial Intelligence & Data Science in Capital Markets (New York, Dec. 6-7)