Providers Added to the Database
- Big Byte Insights – Pricing and supply data on self-storage containers, and retailer exposure data for malls and shopping centers.
- SuperData – Revenue data and research reports across game platforms, game titles, game categories, and esports markets.
- Gro Intelligence – Data on the agriculture supply chain: production, consumption, prices, freight, trade flows, etc. Aggregate public (government and trade associations), satellite, and weather data.
- RepRisk – Data on ESG and business conduct risks for 100k+ companies.
- Irithmics – Artificial intelligence platform for understanding investor behavior.
- Yewno – Data on quantity of intellectual property a company has across technologies with high growth expectations (e.g. blockchain, AI).
- See full public database of 292 data providers.
- YipitData combined its web-scraped pricing and bookings database with ARC travel agency settlement data to analyze the competitive dynamics and unit revenue economics of JBLU, ALGT and UAL vs. other U.S. based carriers. (YipitData)
- Ursa, a satellite analytics provider, partners with ICEYE, a micro-satellite company using weather-agnostic imaging technology, to create global oil storage dataset. (Geospatial World)
- Quantopian, a data science platform, partners with FactSet to integrate datasets into its interface for building and testing investment algorithms. (CNBC)
- Quandl, a data broker, launches corporate aviation dataset. (Quandl)
- Data Scientist – $10bn+ Hedge Fund (New York)
- Data Science/Quantitative Research – Hedge Fund (New York)
- See 62 other openings for Investment Research, Data Analyst, Data Engineer, and Data Scientist
- Sales and review data direct from a panel of Amazon sellers (i.e. not web scraped or consumer panel data). Contact email@example.com if you have this data.
News & Insights
- Hedge fund executives from Marshall Wace, Lansdowne, Man Group, and more weigh in on alternative data and machine learning. “Many hedge fund firms now hire highly quantitative talent — such as mathematicians, physicists, and computer scientists — instead of the traditional business school graduates … this is pushing hedge fund firms into direct competition with the technology industry for the brightest talent.” – Alternative Investment Management Association. (Financial News,subscription required)
- Kansas City Fed uses satellite data of nighttime lights as indicator for GDP to forecast current-quarter US export growth. (Kansas City Fed)
- Ship tracking data captures two China-bound American vessels changing course after China announced US supply tariffs while they were en route.(Bloomberg)
- Jeff Bezos’ flight records used as further evidence by reports suggesting Arlington region is contender for AMZN HQ2. (Fortune)
- Sentieo, a data interface, calls positive PSTG guidance using data from Google Trends, Alexa web traffic, and Twitter mentions. (Forbes)