The Download 21: How Tiger Cubs are using Alt. Data, 4 New Datasets, 2 Jobs
Providers Added to the Database Crimson Hexagon – Data on 1 trillion social media posts dating back to 2008, aggregated from Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Reddit, Tumblr, and more. Tribe Dynamics – Data...
- Crimson Hexagon - Data on 1 trillion social media posts dating back to 2008, aggregated from Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Reddit, Tumblr, and more.
- Tribe Dynamics - Data on earned media (influencer) performance across beauty and fashion companies.
- Certify - Data on U.S. business travel and expense spending trends. Covers restaurants, airlines, lodging and car rental.
- Webhose.io - Web data provider for sentiment tracking across news, blogs, reviews, broadcast, and e-commerce.
- See full public database of 297 data providers.
- Data Scientist - Investment Manager (New York)
- Data Sourcing & Strategy Business Development Analyst - Point72 (New York)
- See 62 other openings for Investment Research, Data Analyst, Data Engineer, and Data Scientist
News & Insights
- Viking and Coatue are using alternative data to inform fundamental strategy, while Maverick is tapping the data to implement a systematic strategy on its smaller positions. (Novus)
- According to a State Street survey, only 60% of institutional investors feel they have the right talent in place for investment data strategy. Five years ago, that figure was 91%. (Asset Servicing Times)
- Lyft claims to have 35% of ridesharing market share according to email receipt data. (CNBC)
- NPD, a point-of-sale and consumer survey provider, reports that online sales in the automotive aftermarket have doubled in the past three years to 14% market share. (prweb)
- A UBS Analyst claims that satellite data on Walmart parkings lots correlates significantly with earnings, suggesting that there is indeed insight obtainable from the most cited example in alternative data history. (Observer Research Foundation)