The Download 36: 3 New Datasets, Request for Air Canada Data
PROVIDERS ADDED TO THE DATABASE HIPAA-compliant healthcare data including medical claims, pharmacy data, lab results, EMR, genetic results, and device data: HealthVerity Real-time cinema occupancy and ticket price data: Applaudience Data tracking...
- HIPAA-compliant healthcare data including medical claims, pharmacy data, lab results, EMR, genetic results, and device data: HealthVerity
- Real-time cinema occupancy and ticket price data: Applaudience
- Data tracking talent flow, skills, and job types across companies, collected from free text of profiles and job postings: Revelio Labs
- Earnest, a credit card data provider, hired senior engineer away from Instagram to be first CTO. (Integrity Research, subscription required)
- Thasos, a geo-location provider, launched ticker bundles for restaurant, department store, and grocery store tracking. (globenewswire)
- Data on Air Canada: Yield, Load Factor, ASM, PRASM, RASM, etc.
- Sector-Specific Alternative Data Events - Investment Professionals Only
- Data Product Associate - Impactful role for recent grads interested in how data is changing the investment industry - YipitData (New York)
- Senior Data Scientist - Alternative Data - Deutsche Bank (London)
- See other openings for Investment Research, Data Analyst, Data Engineer, and Data Scientist
- $680bn: The total AUM of long-only active managers using quantamental strategies, more than doubled over the past decade according to data analytics firm eVestment. (marketwatch)
- Sophisticated alternative data analytics seen across GSAM, PIMCO, JPMorgan Asset Management, State Street, Vanguard and more firms. (Risk.net, subscription required)
- Jefferies publishes whitepaper exploring the different models for data processing at investment firms. (Full Paper, tip - Quandl)
- Private equity firms picking up usage of big data. (WSJ, subscription required)