The Download 48: 6 New Datasets, New Alt. Data Pricing Report, Request for Social Media CPM Data
ADDED TO THE DATABASE Pharma and medical device sales from actual invoices, representing 40% of total U.S. spend in these categories from hospitals, ambulatory surgery centers, and physician offices: Sg2 MarketPulse POS...
ADDED TO THE DATABASE
- Pharma and medical device sales from actual invoices, representing 40% of total U.S. spend in these categories from hospitals, ambulatory surgery centers, and physician offices: Sg2 MarketPulse
- POS data mapped to over 50k CPG products, available daily back to 2007. Products are mapped to brands and parent companies: DecaData
- Data on North American energy policy legislation, with 20mm regulatory filings covering utility rates, M&A, asset sales, and more: EnerKnol
- Web data on U.S. jobs broken out by company, skills, titles, pay, and more: Greenwich.hr
- Canadian real estate data including commercial listings and market demand data: Spacelist
- Sentiment data on Federal Reserve statements: Cuemacro
- Orbital Insight launched an oil refinery outage product using geo-location data. (Bloomberg)
- AlternativeData.org and Battlefin published an alternative data pricing report based on a survey of 69 alternative data buyers and 104 data providers. (Read Full Report)
REQUESTS FOR DATA
- Survey of marketing agencies to understand CPM trends on Instagram, Twitter and Pinterest
- Survey of global mobile users to measure trends in ad load of Instagram, Twitter and Pinterest mobile apps
- Trading Show Chicago - Terrapinn (May 8 - Chicago)
- Access & Alpha Conference - Eagle Alpha (May 15 - New York)
- Big Data is the New Currency - Ravenpack (May 23 - London)
See full calendar of upcoming events.
- Consulting project seeking candidate with experience web-scraping Alibaba. Contact email@example.com for more detail.
- Alternative Data Analyst - Fundamental Equity Investment Firm (New York) - Contact firstname.lastname@example.org to apply.
- VP - Data Science Specialist - BlackRock Active Equity (San Francisco)
- Energy Data Scientist - Point72 (New York)
See other openings for Investment Research, Data Analyst, Data Engineer, and Data Scientist.
NEWS & INSIGHTS
- Report from McKinsey highlights the various ways in which asset managers incorporate alternative data. "At one leading real-estate investment manager, the combination of Yelp reviews, information on traffic flows, and credit-card spending data with traditional property- and market-level characteristics improved the predictive accuracy of three-year forward rent forecasts from 60 to 70 percent to over 95 percent." (Full Report, Institutional Investor)
- Great thread on Twitter: "Most creative alternative data set you've seen a hedge fund use in practice?" (@ryan_caldbeck)
- Financial Times profiles DE Shaw and highlights their quantamental approach to investing. (FT, subscription required)
- Goldman Sachs plans to publish some of its internal code used for securities analysis, making it publicly available to outside developers. (WSJ, subscription required)
- Jon Ecker, the CEO of Genscape, a commodities and energy data provider, explains how his firm built out an in-field sensor network to collect energy data that couldn't be obtained via other alternative datasets. (marketwatch, video)