The Download 06: 14 New Datasets, 3 New Jobs, 21 Data Success Stories
Monday, September 11, 2017 DATA PROVIDER DATABASE Updates: Descartes Labs, a satellite data provider, raises $30mm Series B. (TechCrunch) YipitData launched Ryanair (RYA) and Carvana (CVNA) datasets. Ursa, a satellite data provider, released new Caribbean...
Monday, September 11, 2017
- Descartes Labs, a satellite data provider, raises $30mm Series B. (TechCrunch)
- YipitData launched Ryanair (RYA) and Carvana (CVNA) datasets.
- Ursa, a satellite data provider, released new Caribbean Oil Storage Report. (Business Wire)
- Geospatial Insight, a satellite data provider, raised Series A funding. (Integrity Research, subscription required)
- Thasos, a geolocation data provider, revealed it has 25 hedge fund customers. (Finextra)
- PROME - customized web scraping services.
- Datavore - data analytics and visualization platform.
- Dataiku - data science platform, recently raised $28mm. (PRNewswire)
- ExtractAlpha - licenses quant models from social, web, and market sources.
- SensorTower - app usage and ad performance.
- Inferess - converts news feed into event-driven analytics.
- JWN Energy - oil and gas data repository.
- Seer Aerospace - aircraft usage patterns and reliability datasets.
- Epsilon - large panel of consumer data and insights.
- RVIA - recreational vehicle data and trends.
- WallStreetHorizon - corporate event related datasets.
- Analyst - Investment Research - $8bn+ Hedge Fund (New York, NY)
- Quantitative Analyst - Data Analyst - $11bn+ Hedge Fund (New York, NY)
- Head of Alternative Data - Data Scout - AQR Capital Management (New York, NY)
- See 38 other openings for Investment Research, Data Analyst, Data Engineer, and Data Scientist
NEWS & INSIGHTS
- Eagle Alpha, a data aggregator, published 20 case studies of successful quant and discretionary alternative data applications for multiple data sources. The 80-page paper provides a thorough evaluation of the alternative data space for both quant and discretionary investors. (Eagle Alpha, pdf)
- Sentiment provider, Prattle, correctly predicted various Fed and international central bank decisions. Quinlan & Associates published a 50-page report on the use of alternative data for alpha generation, including a case study on Prattle. (Quinlan & Associates, pdf)
- Anonymity concerns in geolocation data continue. (Financial News)
- Nasdaq accelerates expansion into data analytics, acquiring asset manager research platform eVestment for $705mm. (Nasdaq, Reuters)
- Better Data before Big Data: Blueprint for a Strong Culture of Data Mgmt. (New York, Sep. 12)
- Learn 2 Quant (Hong Kong, Sep. 14)
- Tech Talk 6.0: Generation Data - Alternative Data Panel (Chicago, Sep. 14)
- 5th Annual Ravenpack Research Symposium (New York, Sep. 19)
- HFM US Breakfast Briefing: Debating Data Strategies (New York, Sep. 19)
- Benzinga Fintech Summit (San Francisco, Sep. 28)