The Download 33: 5 Requests for Data, 3 Jobs, 3 New Datasets
PROVIDERS ADDED TO THE DATABASE Chinese sentiment provider covering social media and news: Zhiwei Data Sentiment data covering Twitter, newswire, SEC filings, and blogs: Metricle Blockchain-based alternative data marketplace, currently populated with...
PROVIDERS ADDED TO THE DATABASE
- Chinese sentiment provider covering social media and news: Zhiwei Data
- Sentiment data covering Twitter, newswire, SEC filings, and blogs: Metricle
- Blockchain-based alternative data marketplace, currently populated with mostly demographic data. Founders are prioritizing getting more public and satellite data on the platform: SciDex Alpha
- Crux Informatics, a data infrastructure provider, announced strategic partnership with Two Sigma, including minority equity investment in Crux. (prnewswire)
- ComScore, a web traffic provider, hired new president away from digital ad agency 360i. (WSJ, subscription required)
- JetTrack, a corporate jet activity provider, partnered with ADS-B, the largest provider of private jet location data. (jettrack.io)
- Data Scientist (Investment Team) - Point72 (New York)
- Quant Analyst - Guidepoint (New York)
- Data Product Engineer - YipitData (New York)
- See other openings for Investment Research, Data Analyst, Data Engineer, and Data Scientist
NEW REQUESTS FOR DATA:
- 1099 data speaking to independent contractor costs for food delivery.
- Data on transportation and logistics companies that are moving heavy machinery from a specific set of factories and the number of machines being transported.
- Point-of-sale data for Latin America (Brazil in particular).
- Facebook engagement data (posts, shares, etc.).
- Food delivery in China, specifically GMV/orders/inventory by city for Meituan and Ele.me.
NEWS & INSIGHTS
- Yahoo analyzes commercial emails from over 200mm inboxes to understand consumer behavior and improve ad targeting. (WSJ, subscription required)
- Google has been testing a new service for advertisers that uses Mastercard data to link ad spend with in-store purchases. (Bloomberg)
- Bloomberg newsroom uses social/sentiment data to get ahead on breaking financial stories. (Reseller News)
- Havelock London, an investment manager led by the former CIO of quant fund Winton, launches a quantamental fund combining bottom-up portfolio selection with data-driven asset allocation. (Institutional Asset Manager)
- Google launches beta version of dataset search engine, indexing public data primarily from governments and universities. (The Verge, search here)