The Download 42: 2 Data Provider Acquisitions, 5 New Datasets, 3 New Jobs
PROVIDERS ADDED TO THE DATABASE TV ad campaigns, impressions, and estimated advertiser spend from 9mm opted-in smart TVs: iSpot Sentiment data on audio of earning calls transcripts, focused on emotion classification: DeepAffects...
PROVIDERS ADDED TO THE DATABASE
- TV ad campaigns, impressions, and estimated advertiser spend from 9mm opted-in smart TVs: iSpot
- Sentiment data on audio of earning calls transcripts, focused on emotion classification: DeepAffects
- Searchable platform of thousands of expert call transcripts: Tegus
- Survey and central bank data on global consumer spend: Paynxt360
- Data on global events sourced from unstructured text across social media, blogs, and news: Accrue
- Quandl acquired by Nasdaq. (Press Release, Financial Times - subscription required)
- 7Park acquired by Vista Equity Partners. (Press Release)
- Discovery Day Miami - BattleFin (January 29 - Miami)
- Quandl Data Conference - Quandl (February 28 - New York)
- AI, Machine Learning, & Sentiment Analysis - UNICOM (March 14 - Mumbai)
See full calendar of upcoming events.
REQUESTS FOR DATA
- Dataset of Vehicle Identification Numbers (VINs) for the underlying collateral of subprime auto asset backed securities (ABS).
- Alternative Data Scout - CPP Investment Board (Toronto)
- Healthcare Data Scientist - Point72 (New York)
- Data Sourcing & Engineering Analyst - Intelligent Digital Solutions, JP Morgan Asset Management (New York)
See other openings for Investment Research, Data Analyst, Data Engineer, and Data Scientist
NEWS & INSIGHTS
- Barron's publishes cover story on alternative data trends (Barron's). Interesting points include:
- JP Morgan Asset Management is building an Intelligent Digital Solutions team to supplement fundamental investors with data-driven insights.
- BattleFin attendee composition has shifted from 90% quant to 50% fundamental in the past two years.
- UBS Evidence Lab creates client-facing group to sell its data services externally in addition to serving UBS analysts. (Institutional Investor)
- Integrity Research discusses why Thasos Group, a geo-location provider, chose to remove iOS users entirely from their mobile panel after Apple updated its terms of service. (Integrity Research, subscription required)
- Dan Furstenberg, head of data strategy of Jefferies, says that alternative data uptake is still in early stages for traditional asset mangers, with only a quarter of managers surveyed by the firm being high-volume data users (using 50+ data sets). (Barron's)
- Deloitte predicts that 2019 will see more private equity firms begin to utilize alternative data for finding investment opportunities. (2019 Investment Management Industry Outlook)