The Download 46: 6 New Datasets, 4 Jobs, Requests for Wayfair & Ferrari Data
ADDED TO THE DATABASE App data on live-streaming and music apps in China: AnthemData Data broker that obtains data by working directly with startups, retailers and satellite data providers in Europe: Suburbia Sentiment...
ADDED TO THE DATABASE
- App data on live-streaming and music apps in China: AnthemData
- Data broker that obtains data by working directly with startups, retailers and satellite data providers in Europe: Suburbia
- Sentiment data on financial statements to understand when copmanies are diverging from typical language patterns: Fraud Factors
- Web traffic data and content tagging. Obtained through direct relationship with content publishers: Parsely
- Web traffic data mapped to company IP addresses to understand what topics employees are researching: Aberdeen
- Inventory, geo-location, and survey data collected via contracted individuals who visit retail locations and upload geo-tagged photographs on foot traffic, shelve stocking, etc.: Arch Metrics
- Second Measure announced $20mm Series A, led by Bessemer Venture Partners and Goldman Sachs, with the goal of expanding client base deeper into private equity and corporates. (Fortune)
- Bloomberg Enterprise Access Point (not the terminal) added alternative data from over 20 providers, including Thasos, Orbital Insight, and more. (prnewswire)
REQUESTS FOR DATA
- Wayfair (W): Data on U.S. and International sales, preferably by category.
- Ferrari (RACE): Data on supply to help understand order backlog by model and region.
- Quandl Data Conference - Quandl (February 28 - New York) - AlternativeData.org users get 20% off tickets with code ALTDATA20
- Big Data Led Alpha Indicator - Gyana (February 28 - London)
- AI, Machine Learning, & Sentiment Analysis - UNICOM (March 14 - Mumbai)
- AI, Machine Learning, & Sentiment Analysis - UNICOM (March 20 - Hong Kong)
See full calendar of upcoming events.
- Quantitative Analyst, Portfolio Analytics Development - Fidelity Institutional Asset Management (Smithfield, Rhode Island)
- Equity Data Insights Analyst - T. Rowe Price (Baltimore)
- Quant Developer - Point72 (New York)
- Investment Data Analyst - Balyasny (Chiago, New York)
See other openings for Investment Research, Data Analyst, Data Engineer, and Data Scientist.
NEWS & INSIGHTS
- Opimas, a capital markets consultancy, publishes report estimating that total spend on web-scraping for investment purposes will exceed $1.8bn by 2020. (BI Prime, subscription required)
- Safegraph explains the complexities of using geo-location data to measure store visits, including cleaning various forms of GPS noise and accurately outlining building coordinates. (Safegraph)
- Guidepoint Qsight data shows how the government shutdown sharply impacted bookings for car rental companies, hotels, and airlines. (Barron's)
- 40% of buy-side traders surveyed across US and Europe feel that artificial intelligence as it applies to trading is overhyped. (Greenwich Associates, purchase required for full report)